Get A Library Card
Full-service library cards are available to any Texas resident for Free. Apply at the library today!
- Valid photo ID and proof of address (if the address on the ID is not current)
- Legal guardians must sign for a minor 3 years of age or older to get a library card.
- There is no charge for the first card. It will remain in effect as long as the cardholder remains in good standing with the library.
- A new cardholder may check out one item at the time of registration.
- New cards are usually mailed to patrons on the day of registration or the next business day. Once the library card is received, there is no limit on the number of books or audiobooks patrons may check out at one time with the exception of DVDs/Blu Ray which are limited to five per card, and books on the Adult New Book Shelf which are limited to three at a time.
HPL offers an Electronic Library Card (eCard)!
HPL full-service cardholders are not eligible for an eCard. To access online resources with a full-service library card, use your library card number and PIN associated with your account. You can reset your PIN online if you have an email address on your account or by contacting the library at 972-551-6663.
HPL eCard Application or contact the library. You will receive an email within 72-hours of applying with further instructions.
Note: eCard holders only have access to Online Services and will not be able to check out physical items from the library.