Welcome to Terrell!
We're a can do community - let us know where you want to go and we will help you get there. We believe you will find that Terrell offers one of the most pro-business and developer-friendly environments in North Texas.
This is a one-stop information center for everything you need to know about the city's development process.
Check out the City of Terrell Maps to view zoning, code enforcement, future land use and more.
- 2021 International Fire Code Amendment Ordinance (PDF)
- Park Land Dedication Ordinance Section 4.4 (PDF)
- Zoning Ordinance (PDF)
- Landscape Ordinance (PDF)
Tax Increment Reinvestment Zones (TIRZ):
- Use the projected rise (increment) in property tax values to finance infrastructure or development improvements
- Allow future ad valorem revenue to pay for the construction of public infrastructure improvement
- Provide an economic stimulus that can be used to attract development or redevelopment in areas that currently are currently undeveloped
Increased tax revenue from the rise in property tax is deposited in a TIF fund, which is then used to reimburse costs for infrastructure improvements or to reimburse developers for specific costs on improvements made. Terrell will contribute 75% of the taxes captured; Kaufman County has pledged 50%.
The Tax Increment Reinvestment Zone funds are used exclusively for public improvements.
The Terrell Tax Increment Reinvestment Zone includes more than 4,000 undeveloped acres. The Project Plan calls for a maximum of $158,500,000 in public improvements over the 30-year life of the TIRZ.